The Yellow Tavern follows on the tradition of the historic Yellow Tavern formerly located at the southwest corner of Main and Tavern Streets. The name Yellow Tavern was first used during the Owen Community days. The original Tavern was built in 1815 and destroyed by fire in 1908. Rebuilt and still going strong. Stop in for a bite to eat, cold beer and good conversation.